Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter: Let S Hope I M Wrong

In his letter accusing me of 'unloading ... vitriolic diatribes' against Barack Obama, Jim Andrews missed my point by a mile. He compounded his lack of understanding by accusing me of being small-minded, and even that, present perfect continuous lesson plan 'Hoag's glaring inconsistency bespeaks a mind in serious need of retooling.'
This personal attack, a result of expressing my concern over the 'visceral hatred' and 'unadulterated loathing' directed at President George W. Bush by the left. Although word limitations prevented me from citing specific examples, most people who had been paying attention may have correctly surmised I was referring to books and films dedicated to the idea of assassinating Bush, his being referred to as 'the world's biggest terrorist,' and similarly hateful and birthday present card insane drivel.
To equate that behavior with my remark that Obama has 'no appreciation for the America we grew up in' is plain foolishness. Additionally, it's well documented that Obama has said as much, through his own wordsassociations.
I'm satisfied with my mind in its present state. Perhaps Andrews has been afflicted with the most debilitating outcome of keeping an 'open mind' having his brain fall out.
Then, adding insult to injury, the present spencer one Quentin Colgan called me a lazy simpleton, spreading lies of corporate America. Thankfully, his letter was so completely nonsensical it neither needs nor deserves a rebuttal.
I want America to flourishregardless of who is in power so I hope I'm wrong about